Cheap Discount My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness
|
|
My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness By Grand Central Life & Style
Special Price! for My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness. With Special Pomotions & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping List Price :Price Save : $17.36 SalesRank :1636 Warranty:
|
My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness Description
Blueberry Pavlova Bruce's Dip Chicken & Dumplings The Academy-Award winning actress and avid foodie shares a sumptuous collection of recipes and gorgeous photographs celebrating the joy of preparing food for loved ones, a passion she learned from her beloved father. As an actress, author, trendsetter, creator of goop.com, and host of the popular PBS series, Spain: On the Road Again, Gwyneth Paltrow is an icon of style and good taste around the world. As a young girl eating and cooking with her father, Bruce Paltrow, she developed a passion for food that has shaped how she lives today and strengthened her belief that time with family is a priority. Now in MY FATHER'S DAUGHTER, Paltrow shares her favorite family recipes along with personal stories of growing up with her father, Bruce Paltrow. She discusses how he has influenced her in the food she loves, how she involves her kids in cooking, and how she balances healthy food with homemade treats. And, for the first time, Paltrow offers a glimpse into her life as daughter, mother and wife, sharing her thoughts on the importance of family and togetherness. Complete with 150 delicious ideas for breakfast, sandwiches and burgers, soups, salads, main dishes, sides, and desserts, this beautifully illustrated book includes full-color photos throughout, many featuring Paltrow at home with her family and friends.
Costumer Reviews
4.4 Out Of 5 Stars (139 Customer Reviews)
Reviews for My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness (Hardcover) I ordered this book and Cheryl Crow's If it Makes you Healthy cookbook together. If I'd picked them both up at my local Borders and thumbed through, I definitely would NOT have bought this one.
I read this one first and although there's some cute anecdotes and a few recipes that look interesting, if you have more than very basic cooking skills, you'll find yourself shaking your head a bit as you flip the pages here. Many of her 'recipes' are variations of a very simple and basic recipe and many are so basic that you really don't need a recipe at all. As an example, there's a recipe for a turkey blt...that offers nothing new and surprising, just common sense how to assemble the sandwich. So when I finished this book I was left with the overall feeling that there's not much here that isn't already obvious to most people who like to cook.
Fortunately, the opposite was true of the Cheryl Crow book, which blew me away. Page after page of creative, and mouth-watering recipes from her personal chef, that are also healthy. There's so many I can't wait to make and tonight am starting with a slow-cooked braised chicken taco recipe that is easy, healthy and looks delicious.
Reviews for My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness (Hardcover) While I usually enjoy looking at cookbooks more than I actually wind up using them, I was enticed by the low number of ingredients listed in several recipes from Gwyneth Paltrow's blog GOOP, and every one that I tried was a hit with family and friends. When I read Jeffrey Steingarten's Vogue feature on Gwyneth and her forthcoming cookbook a few months back, I eagerly anticipated the arrival of this book, and it doesn't disappoint. First of all, do yourself a favor and incorporate her "Standby Vinaigrette" into your salad recipes; it is featured on page 69. The maple syrup-tinged Dijon dressing was featured with minced shallots on her GOOP site awhile back, and even my 3-year old loves this dressing which is simple to whip up in a few minutes; when I don't have time to make a more elaborate salad, I simply toss the dressing with some butter lettuce and serve with her roast chicken (I wish the recipe featured on GOOP was incorporated in the cookbook!).
Reviews for My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness (Hardcover) For years i thought that Gwyneth Paltrow was a self obsessed, snooty ice queen! But for the past year there seems to have been a lot of her in the media (more than usual i suppose) and so from seeing things here and there i became a bit more interested.
I actually loved her performance in Glee and i found out more about her relationship she had with her father, and in so many ways, it reminded me of mine with my grandfather.
I saw that she had a website and went to have a snoop around and i really liked that too and saw that she, like me, was a fellow foodie! THAT intrigued me straight away! I then found out there was a cookery book. I was dying to know what kindof food she made for her family and how she prepared it.
Well, i ordered the book and i've not been disappointed. There is quite an array of food. I was hoping that it wouldn't be samey, because cookery books can be.
On reading about her fathers beloved pancakes, i was really hoping there would be a recipe for them, and there was, yay!
So now im really wanting to make them and a bunch of other things in here. I love the fact that is also a little biography and i've found another person who loves anchovies as much as i do! ha.
0 comments:
Post a Comment