Search This Blog

All Products

Friday, January 20, 2012

Buy Sylvia's Soul Food

Sylvia's Soul Food

Sylvia's Soul Food By William Morrow Cookbooks

Cheap Price for Sylvia's Soul Food. With Special Pomotions

List Price : $21.99
Price Save : $15.10
SalesRank :343540
Warranty:

Surprising Prices Sylvia's Soul Food.The best selection .Best Shop on Sylvia's Soul Food now. Best Price Guarantee! Now! Deal!.


Sylvia's Soul Food Description

While not all gourmands know soul food as well as they should, these authentic, stick-to-the-ribs recipes from the famous Harlem establishment will send many readers on a journey to this culinary genre. Collected by restaurateur Woods, with assistance from chef Styler ( Primi Piatti ), the recipes include both classics and innovations: fried chitlins, hash venison, smothered chicken, barbecued short ribs of beef and sweet potato pie. While the recipes and methods are well delivered--and, happily, recorded for posterity--the volume may disappoint those who hunger for more information than bare-bones recipes. A little shared research about this important American tradition would have broadened the book's appeal and answered readers' inevitable questions about the origins of foods like collard greens, okra and ham hocks--and might have helped the book to make the leap from recipe catalogue to gastronomic history. Copyright 1992 Reed Business Information, Inc.



Save Sylvia's Soul Food

Costumer Reviews

3.3 Out Of 5 Stars (24 Customer Reviews)  
Reviews for Sylvia's Soul Food (Hardcover) Having eaten several times at Sylvia's in Harlem I immediately bought this book excited that I now would be able to prepare the same delicious, explode-in-your-mouth flavorful foods for my own family. Sylvia did not share her recipes at all. They are basic and without flavor. For the beginner it's a good starter foundation but soon enough even the novice will need to tweak and add spice/flavor to the dishes. The macaroni & cheese was not creamy or tasty and Sylvia even had the option of adding food coloring, the biscuits were not sweet and flaky, the famous BBQ sauce was runny and did not add any flavor to meats. The banana pudding was flavorless and almost "rubbery". I could have used pudding or cake mixes out of box that were better tasting. I'm really saddened that Sylvia blatently profited off of her reputation. She did not take into consideration that most people who bought her book were loyal customers who were expecting the same high quality soul food served in her restaurant. I'm sure most were extremely disappointed.
Reviews for Sylvia's Soul Food (Hardcover) I have had Sylvia's book for several years and just happened to think of writing a review after I wrote a couple for some sewing books that I own. I read through the reviews of others and was surprised to read some of the negative ones. I have used quite a few of the recipes in this book. In fact, I am preparing the meatloaf recipe tonight. However, of all the recipes in the book, my absolute, hands-down favorite is the Smothered Pork Chops. I have served it several times to friends and they rave about it every time. With regard to the negative reviews, one has to understand that this is "down home" type cooking. That is what "soul food" is all about and every ethnic group has some kind of "soul food".
Reviews for Sylvia's Soul Food (Hardcover) HAVING BEEN A CUSTOMER AT SYLVIA'S, I CAN ASSURE THE READER, THE FOOD IN THIS BOOK CAN'T COMPARE TO THE FOOD IN HER RESTAURANT. THE FOOD AT SYLVIA'S IS HIGHLY SEASONED AND DELICIOUS. TOO MANY OF HER RECIPES CONTAIN YELLOW FOOD COLORING. DOES YOUR MAC'N'CHEESE CONTAIN YELLOW FOOD COLORING? I DIDN'T THINK SO. I FIND THIS BOOK IS A RIP-OFF. IF YOU HAVE EVER TASTED THE SYLVIA'S I KNOW, THAN YOU WOULD SEE THAT THIS BOOK SHOULDN'T EVEN BE CONSIDERED SOUL FOOD! JUST ANOTHER MARKETING PLOY.

Buy Sylvia's Soul Food Now

0 comments: